Need legal advice Call us now


12 October 2018 Property & Estate Agency Gillian Ralph
It is now illegal to use any form of asbestos in the construction or refurbishment of any buildings. However, asbestos was commonly used in construction in the past, and much of what was used is still in place. If you are responsible for any non-residential premises, legally you have a duty to manage the risk from asbestos and must have a plan in place to deal with any asbestos.

26 September 2018 Wills, Trusts & Estates Macnabs Law
November is Will Aid month and Macnabs is delighted to be taking part once again in this year’s annual Will Aid fundraising event where our lawyers are volunteering their time and waiving their fee for writing a basic Will. Macnabs has taken part in the annual Will Aid scheme for 7 years now and raised an impressive total of £37,561 to date, making them the 4th highest donating firm in the whole of Scotland.

23 August 2018 Wills, Trusts & Estates Susan Mackay
Nobody likes to think about a time when they won't be able to make their own decisions, but it can help to be prepared. Incapacity can happen at any time and come completely out of the blue from a serious accident or stroke, to a long-term illness. That is why it is so important that everyone has a Power of Attorney, as well as a Will, in place. A Power of Attorney is a legal document that allows someone to make decisions for you, or act on your behalf, if you’re no longer able to or if you no longer want to make your own decisions.

22 August 2018 Property & Estate Agency Garry Sutherland
Buying a house is the biggest expense and most important transaction most people will ever enter into. It is an exciting time, but often buyers focus on the dream of their new property rather than the reality of what they are purchasing. It is important to remember that the solicitor dealing with your purchase has probably never seen the property and is relying on the sales particulars, the home report and – most importantly – you to flag up to them any specific aspects of the property that they need to cater for in the contract. This is certainly true when it comes to unusual features of a property or if it has been negotiated that certain moveables are to be included in the price. This is equally true for buyers and sellers.

Get legal advice

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Please let us know your subject.
Please let us know your message.
Invalid captcha


Invalid Input
Invalid Input