Relocation after Separation in Perthshire, Tayside, Stirlingshire & Beyond

Separation or Divorce between a couple with children sometimes means that moving on with life is distinctly more difficult. 

For a parent who wishes to relocate from Scotland to another part of the UK or abroad, important steps must be taken to ensure the move can be achieved legally and in the best interest of the child

It is now not possible for a parent to simply relocate with their child as they wish, without the consent of another parent who has Parental Responsibilities and Rights relative to the child in question.  The law dictates that Parental Responsibilities and rights are extended to mothers, married fathers and unmarried fathers whose name appears on the birth certificate of a child born after May 2006.    

We advise that you seek legal advice from an expert Relocation Lawyer at the earliest opportunity. Our highly experienced Relocation Solicitors will work with you every step of the way to ensure the best possible outcome is maintained in your interests and that of your child.  

At Macnabs, we thrive on communication.  This not only extends to making sure we are friendly, approachable, warm and positive but to ensuring that we provide straightforward, down-to-earth legal advice which gives our clients the best opportunity to resolve issues through communication, not confrontation.  

Where permission for the Relocation is not granted from the remaining parent, a court order must be sought to allow the move.  The court will make their decision with the welfare of your child as paramount, taking into account the child’s best interests, the views of the child and how much weight should be placed on those views as well as considering whether it is better to grant the court order at all, rather than not.  The Law can be complicated in this area and there are a number of factors the court will also take into account when coming to a decision.       

Proceedings can also be stressful and worrying for all parents. That is why Macnab’s highly experienced Relocation Lawyers work tirelessly to prepare your case to ensure you are expertly represented and that every aspect of the move which may affect the welfare of your child is considered and investigated.  This ensures your best case is presented in court, every aspect of which will be duly considered and weighed up by the Court in coming to their decision.  

If you are worried about any issue surrounding Relocation of Children after divorce or separation or require representation, contact us today. 

Family Law Advice. The Macnabs Way.

Contact our Relocation Solicitors, Perthshire, Tayside & Bridge of Allan

What matters to you, matters to us. At Macnabs, our solicitors offer practical solutions to your legal problems. Drawing on many years’ experience and in-depth professional expertise, but with a practical, down to earth approach, and straightforward and friendly advice that keeps our clients coming back again and again. We will guide you smoothly through the entire legal process.

If you think you are in need of Relocation after Separation advice, get in touch to find out how we can help. We have offices in PerthBlairgowrie, Pitlochry and Bridge of Allan and serve clients in Perthshire, Tayside & Stirlingshire and across Scotland. Pop into our offices and speak to one of our team, or give us a call on 01738 623432. Alternatively, complete our online enquiry form and someone will be in touch shortly.

Get legal advice

Please let us know your name.
Please let us know your email address.
Invalid Input
Please let us know your subject.
Please let us know your message.

Client Testimonials